Friday, August 17, 2018

new treatment path

I wanted to share with you and ask for prayers and wisdom about a whole new treatment path I am looking into. There is another girl with POTS at my doctors office that mentioned this to me because it has helped her so much. There is a growing body of evidence that indicates that ketamine used at a sub-anesthetic dose, a much smaller dose than that used in general anesthesia, is highly effective in alleviating treatment-resistant depression, suicidal thoughts, bipolar depression, anxiety, OCD, PTSD, and chronic pain. This use of ketamine is an “off-label” use meaning the insurance will not pay. This would be all self-pay.
So, I submitted my information to the clinic yesterday and got a response from one of the doctors saying they are interested in meeting with me in the form of a consult but I had to submit record releases for all of my doctors and fill out other health forms which I submitted today. Once my documents are reviewed by the team, they will contact me to inform me if I am accepted into the program or not. If I am I then set up an initial consultation with Dr. Foroughi.  This in-office visit will be approximately 1.5 to 2 hours.
If approved it will be 6 infusions over 3 weeks lasting about 40-60 minutes each. What it will do is cause me disassociation often described as a daydreaming, spacey, or floating experience for the duration of the infusion. I don’t fully comprehend how it works for chronic pain but the studies have shown that not only will migraines be less frequent quickly but it also has shown to help the symptoms of people with POTS/DYSAUTONOMIA with the effects of the treatment to the brain.
Pray for my family and I as we begin this path and that God will give wisdom to all involved as we explore this option.




1 comment:

  1. ketamine for anxiety A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.

    ReplyDelete