Wednesday, February 15, 2017

valentine's

 As a woman who has always been single valentines day does not mean much other than a little sadness thrown in there. I don't know God's plans for me but I want to share with you something that stills my heart just in case you are in the same boat. Valentine's day is that one day where you are obligated to make your significant other feel special. We all like to feel special sometimes.


Guess what? You don't need a significant other to love you.  In God's eyes you are and always will be the most special person that exists, there is no pressure, no dating, and no sadness involved here. He loves you more than any human can and I think it is important to not loose sight of this fact. YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER LOVES YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN FATHOM. That is special. The best kind of special. He is yours and you are his automatically upon belief and will always be no matter what.


Humans can let you down and leave your heart shattered but the love Jesus has for you never fails. It's one of a kind. Having said that we do have feelings and emotions and yeah valentines day is not exactly my favorite holiday but every year for as long as I can remember my dad has returned home from work with not only flowers and gifts for his valentine (my mom) but includes me with my own flowers and chocolate EVERY YEAR. Fathers, I would encourage you to do the same with your own daughter's, it is something that I will always cherish and never forget. Self-esteem is a struggle for me and I am sure for others as well but having that someone regardless of who it is remind you that you are loved no matter what point in life you may be in helps to fill that void that society protocol leaves you with.



No comments:

Post a Comment