Sunday, December 30, 2018

PLEASE READ/ WATCH Anxiety and Depression





THIS. So real, so true but I want to add something . As a believer, this battle has to be one of the hardest things. Ever to handle.  I have been told every one of these words at some point in my life but particularly since I got sick.



You are not trusting God

You are in what if land and you can't be there because Jesus

You are jumping into conclusions and they are all negative

You are not even thinking of what God has brought you through

You are being ungrateful to God for what he has done

Everything you say is not logical or real

Your feelings are sinful and wrong

How can you be struggling so much with things that never even happened

You don't know (fill in the blank worst case scenario) will happen

feeling scared over that next ball being dropped is wrong

feeling depressed when that ball does drop is not acceptable

You know who holds the world so just calm down

You have no reason to act or feel this way



I could continue but I won't. When I end up being told any of this you know what it leads to?

calmness? no

peace? no

Comfort? NO





In reality, it  more often than not  (always) leaves me walking away defeated, feeling like a failure,  lost, ashamed, depressed, alone, invalidated and the guilt, oh the GUILT. SO MUCH OF IT. I  end up believing that my feelings are sinful.  The guilt that comes with the shame over having these feelings in the first place is absolutely crushing.



  I don't want these feelings, I don't want to live in what if land, I don't want to live in fear of that next blow, I don't want to fail God. I want more than anything to pawn it off on Jesus, I want to trust him with my whole heart, I want to live in the moment, I want to have the peace that surpasses all understanding.

Despite my wants Satan has power and He knows how to use it and is pretty good at it. I mean c’mon Who would want to live in such fearful suffering at all times? nobody. That's who. The easy Christian remedy I am told is the standard Jesus will save you if you give it to him, stay in the word, and pray.



There are aspects of everything I just laid out for you  that are true. I know Jesus is my rescue. I know He can take it all away in the blink of an eye, I know I need to trust and that God is worthy of complete trust, I know I need Him to endure my anxiety suffering,  I know none of this is in vain. I know he can crush Satan’s influence with nothing more than a single word.  I know He is using my pain to reach others. I know, I know, I know. Loud and clear.



However, there is something I need YOU to KNOW.  Despite some of these things being true, these unwanted feelings don't (minus a miracle of course) just disappear. Making me feel beaten down and so ashamed of myself is not helpful. In fact, it makes me want to give up because I cannot just simply turn off these feelings and it seems as though people have an expectation that it works like that. . Let me just tell you right now I will not be able to ever meet these expectations so whether you understand them or not please, I’m begging you, think before you talk. Think if what you are about to say even with every good intention could make me feel like a complete failure.

ENCOURAGE ME WITHOUT EXPECTATIONS.

Let me repeat that.

ENCOURAGE ME WITHOUT EXPECTATIONS.

ENCOURAGE ME WITHOUT EXPECTATIONS.

ENCOURAGE ME WITHOUT EXPECTATIONS.



Support me with the hope found in scripture, tell me stories of how God brought you out of hard places and I am not alone. Sit with me in my struggles. Pray for me. You don’t have to know what to say. You don’t have to feel like it’s yours and only yours responsibility to bring me to a place where I have an epiphany and my heart, mind and soul do an instant turn around. Don’t expect an instant turn around. EVER. Sometimes, less is more guys, less is more.





No comments:

Post a Comment