Wednesday, June 25, 2014

That point

When dealing with any kind of chronic illness there is always a crucial point where your enthusiasm to fight leaves you and you are just kind of left with this empty shell and you have to decide what to put in it. Some people give up, others work really hard to regain their enthusiasm and some people try to accept the circumstance and put one foot in front of the other. I have now reached the empty shell point. I'm tired of fighting so hard to get shoved to another Dr who can't help me. I'm tired of everything and my will to really take this head on is gone but giving up is not an option so I am choosing to fill my shell with a lot of Jesus and just go through the motions and do what I have to do to get better. Nobody said I have to be thrilled about the process just that I have to do it. Last night I decided to accept my circumstance and trudge ahead after being up every 2 hrs with nausea and muscle spasms from my faulty nervous system. It might have to go one hour at a time but I will get stronger even if it is done by going through the motions and Jesus pushing me the whole time. I knew this point would come because it always does and here at almost 7 months in it hit. Thankfully the God we serve is all powerful and loving enough to suffer with us.

4 comments:

  1. Hi I found you through a friend that posted your blog on Facebook. I have had POTS and NCS for 6 years now. I'm 24 and live in Rolla, MO. I would be happy to talk to you if you have any questions or recommendations for Doctors in St. Louis or just chat about how awful it is to live with dysautonomia. There is also a support group on Facebook for people with Dysautonomia that live near St. Louis, MO and there is quite a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kayla!! I am so glad you shared that with me, I had yet to meet anyone with it. It is so awful! My life has been put on hold since December and I lost my job because of it. I do have the best electrophysiologist in the state so that helps because she actually knows what she is doing and her daughter has it as well so she's dealt with it first hand. She said my case is major though so I've all kinds of treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you seeing Dr. Q? I go to Dr. Glascock but I hear Dr. Q is good also. If you would like, I can add you to the Facebook group of People in the STL area with POTS. My life has also been turned upside down by this condition. I was working full time when it started. After two years of my life consisting of working and sleeping, I got married and moved to Rolla, MO. I got a job down here but it became so apparent I couldn't work and have a life. I was miserable. So now I'm a stay at home wife (have been not working for two year) and I try my best to not let this condition rule my life although it does most of the life. I only have a mild case but it flares up major sometimes like today were I can't even stand up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh by the way there are 49 people in the STL area with POTS or some other form of dysautonomia so you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete